Oil-free powders are the beauty elixirs for anyone who has oil and uneven skin tone. Using no-sebum mineral powders or matte-translucent powders can help control the shine and provide an even-looking skin tone.
Here’s a comprehensive list of 5 face powders that are tried, tested, and loved by oily skinned people across the globe.
#1. ETUDE HOUSE Oil Control Zero Sebum Drying Powder
The Zero Sebum Powder by Etude House is a loose powder that has 80 percent mineral to make the skin look matte and clear without any clumps. It acts as an elixir for the oily skinned people to control sebum and make the skin appear smooth.
The powder has sugar polymers to control the oil and improve the skin appearance. The fragrance of the powder stays on for a long time. The powder is made of ingredients like mineral oil, pigment synthesis and talc.
You can gently apply this drying powder on your facial skin directly, and on the areas where sebum secretion is more. It also has natural ingredients that act as skin protectors like fermented soybean, cassia bark, willow tree, cypress portulaca and gold.
What I loved about the product
- A travel friendly product which is compact enough to fit in a bag
- The powder has 80 percent mineral
- Has a nice aroma that stays long
- Also has natural skin protectant ingredients like fermented soybean, cassia bark, willow tree, cypress portulaca and gold.
- Sugar polymer controls excessive oil secretion
- Cotton extract improves skin health.
#2. Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Pressed Face Powder
Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Pressed face powder is available in 24 shades suitable for all skin shades. This face powder stays on skin for 16 long hours, visibly hiding the minor spots and open pores.
The Perlite mineral technology from Fit Me Maybelline New York helps absorb the excess oil from the face and gives a clearer look. You can wear it on the top of the foundation to set up the look.
Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Pressed face powder is allergy and dermatologist tested, and is non-comedogenic.
What I love about the product
- Long lasting face powder that stays up to 16 hours.
- Not very expensive and ideal for daily use
- Mortifies the facial skin and absorbs excess oil
- Visibly and temporarily reduces minor imperfections and pores
- Dermatologically tested
- Tested for allergies
- Non-comedogenic, hence good for sensitive skin.
#3. Clinique Stay-Matte Shine-Absorbing and Oil-Free Sheer Pressed Powder
As the name itself suggests, this Clinique Stay-Matte Shine-Absorbing and Oil-Free pressed powder is known for giving a fresh-look for long hours, while the ultra-sheer texture gives your skin the matte look you have always wished for.
The pressed powder by Clinique adds a little tint to your skin, and is available in various shades to work perfectly for all skin shades. You can use this compact powder only for the T-zone of your face where oil secretion is high, or can apply on the whole face as per your requirements.
All the Clinique products, including this setting powder, are free from parabens, phthalates and fragrance, hence safe for sensitive skin.
What I love about this product
- It is shine-absorbing and oil-free powder
- Provides ultra-sheer texture to the skin
- Keeps the skin fresh for long hours
- Tinted and available in several shades
- Free from parabens, phthalates and fragrance
#4. Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Pressed Powder Palette
Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Pressed Powder Palette is available in three shades – Translucent, Buff and Beige. This powder palette can be used as a makeup setting powder that can control the appearance of excess oil and mattify the skin.
It can be used on the top of foundation, or even without foundation, it does its job well. This palette has a blend of several colors that can replace primers, compacts and highlighters.
The blend of several colors gives the skin a natural finish without any monochrome cast. The face powder has no harsh chemicals and additives, hence safe for the skin.
What I love about the product
- Provides natural-looking and even coverage.
- You can use it as a setting powder
- Absorbs the excess oil and mattifies the skin instantly.
- The honeycomb shaped multiple color cubes work as a primer, compact and highlighter.
- Available in 3 shades to suit every skin color type.
- No harsh chemicals or additives to trouble your skin.
#5. Charlotte Tilbury Setting Powder For Oily Skin
Charlotte Tilbury setting powder for flawless finish is designed to provide a flawless and even look to your skin, blurring the imperfections, pores and lines.
Made of natural ingredients like rose wax and sweet almond oil, it causes no harm to the skin. Charlotte Tilbury setting powder mattifies the oily areas over the foundation, concealer, and blush to set the makeup.
You can use this flawless finish setting powder on the T-zone of your face and keep the oily areas settled. The setting powder from Charlotte Tilbury comes in a nice round box with an attached mirror for your frequent touch up requirements.
What I loved about the product
- Made of natural ingredients like rose wax and sweet almond oil.
- Superfine setting powder.
- Easily mattifies the oily areas of the skin.
- Removes fine facial lines, pores, spots and other imperfections.
- The setting powder comes in a compact case with a mirror for easy touch ups.
Setting powders are a must for anyone who has oily skin but wants to flaunt the shine and sweat due to excess oil secretion.
If you are looking for budget priced powders for oily skin, I would recommend the Zero Sebum Powder by Etude House because it has 80 percent mineral, sugar polymers, cotton extracts, etc, to keep your skin healthy and shine-free.
For the premium ones, Clinique Stay-Matte Shine-Absorbing and Oil-Free Pressed Powder can work great on oily skin that gives a fresh look for hours along with a sheer texture to provide the skin a perfect matte look.